OUT OF DISTRICT STUDENT TRANSFERS
Criteria as of March 2023
The Board of Trustees has approved a limited transfer policy, without fees, for Grades K-12. All transfers are subject to approval by the Transfer Committee, Superintendent or designee and the school board on a space available basis and must meet district approved criteria. Fully completed applications must be received no later than June 1st for the fall semester and November 1st for the spring semester. The application of each student in a sibling group will be considered separately.
All Current and New Transfer applications shall be evaluated on the following criteria:
- All district employees may apply to have their child attend the district for which they work, this transfer is denied following the year the individual is no longer an employee.
- Maypearl ISD suspends all transfers for new students at all grade levels except for siblings of currently enrolled students that meet all other requirements mentioned below.
- Maypearl ISD limits each grade up to 70 total students in the grade level, when a grade level exceeds that limit no new transfers are allowed.
- New and Current Transfers will be denied if acceptance of transfers requires hiring additional staff.
- The Out of District Transfer Application must be complete with all required documentation.
- The student has at least 95% attendance rate for the past two years.
- The student has not been in JJAEP, no more than three incidents of out of school suspension and/or in school suspended, assigned to an alternative disciplinary education setting, or expelled during the past two years.
- Students placed in JJAEP forfeit their right to apply as an out of district transfer.
- The student has passing grades in all courses and has passed all required state mandated assessments during the past two years from a Texas school district or Charter school. If a student was not eligible to take the state mandated assessment, this criterion shall be based on other standardized testing or assessments as deemed appropriate by the Superintendent.
- The student has never been retained. The student was not recommended for retention the prior year while in Maypearl ISD. If student / parents approve Maypearl ISD’s recommendation to retain the student, the transfer may be recommended for that school year.
- All students currently attending MISD for no less than four consecutive school years may request an out of district transfer if their family moves out of the district and meets all requirements. This request must be made prior to the student withdrawing from the district. Transfer acceptance may only be granted if the student meets all criteria mentioned above and the following: Student falls below the standards needed to be accepted; Fails to follow the policies and procedures of Maypearl ISD; Has recurring or persistent behavior or attendance problems; or withdraws from the district at any time after becoming an out of district transfer. An out of district transfer student who withdraws from the district forfeits all rights to re-apply as an out of district transfer.
- Should your transfer application be accepted, Maypearl ISD shall not be responsible for a student’s transportation to Maypearl ISD. A warning letter will be sent out to parents if the student rides transportation as a transfer student without prior permission from the district, failure to meet that requirement will result in revoking the student transfer after a second occurrence for the coming school year.
- A warning letter will be sent out to parents / guardian of student(s) that are close to or reaching any discipline or attendance criteria within a year. The student application will be revoked if the student fails to meet criteria again in year two by not following the policy.
The Board reserves the right to accept or reject any transfer request, provided that such action is without regard to race, religion, color, sex, disability, or national origin. The Board may revoke the transfer student who fails to maintain acceptable levels of attendance, academic achievement, and compliance with the District’s Student Code of Conduct.
Application decisions will be made based on enrollment numbers, and applicants will be notified once all required documentation is submitted and reviewed. The application deadline is June 01st, 2023. Please email email@example.com to request/complete the Out-of-District Transfer application and submit all required documentation.
All transfer student(s) (district employees included) will fill out appropriate paperwork each school year. Please supply Maypearl ISD with as much documentation as possible regarding these requests. (See transfer application checklist) Also, please make sure you keep copies of the above criteria for your records to enroll at the campus because copies attached will be kept at the Central Administration Office. - Last Updated March 2023
The application must be complete and all additional documentation must be submitted in order to be considered for transfer into the district. Please note that this form is for those who live outside of the district's boundaries. If you live within the Maypearl Independent School District, then you do not need to complete this application. The application deadline is June 01st, 2023.
Once approved, you will be notified and asked to fill out the online Student Registration for each student. There will be instructions included in the letters that are sent out once approved.