Dear Parents or Guardian,
I will be your child’s Chemistry teacher this year. In order to give all students in the classroom the educational opportunities they deserve, the following classroom rules and discipline plan will be in effect at all times.
When in the classroom, students must comply with the following rules:
- BE ON TIME – When the tardy bell rings, you are to be in your seat and ready for work. Personal items should be put away.
- BE PREPARED – Each day you are expected to have their chromebook, notebook/binder, notebook paper, pencil (with eraser), and any homework that is due. To benefit fully from class discussions, homework needs to be complete and on time.
- FOLLOW DIRECTIONS – Be attentive so you can benefit from class discussions.
- TALK APPROPRIATELY – Different activities mean different talking expectations.
- During lesson explanation or independent practice, raise your hand to speak.
- Remain silent when another student has been called on.
- During group work, low talking is appropriate as long as it pertains to the lesson.
- During tests, no talking is allowed until all are turned in.
- STAY ON TASK – I expect you to be participating in whatever we are doing. During class discussion, you are to be attentive. During work time, you are to be working on the assignment.
- RESPECT OTHERS – Treat others, as you would want to be treated. We need to help those who need it and praise those who deserve it.
- FOLLOW STUDENT HANDBOOK RULES – All such rules apply in the classroom.
If a student breaks a rule or rules, consequences are as follows:
- VERBAL WARNING.
- DETENTION and/or PARENT NOTIFICATION
- REFERRAL TO THE PRINCIPAL
If a student is a severely disruptive or a repeat offender over a short period of time, he or she will be referred to the principal immediately.
Grading will be weighted as follows:
*Please see attached test correction and professionalism policies.*
Tutoring times will be at lunch Wednesday - Friday by appointment. Anyone is welcome to come to tutorials.
In order for these rules and discipline plan to have the greatest effect, I need the support of students and parents. I expect us to have a productive year. My conference period is 5th period (11:20 to 1:00). I welcome parent involvement and appreciate any chance to communicate about your child’s learning. Phone calls are also beneficial. Please call (972-435-1020) and the office will transfer you to talk to me or to make an appointment for a meeting. My email address is email@example.com. Please discuss this letter with your child, and then sign one copy for my files, the other copy is yours to keep. Thank you for your cooperation and support.