Dear Parents or Guardian,
I will be your student's math teacher this year. In order to give all students in the classroom the educational opportunities they deserve, the following classroom rules and discipline plan will be in effect at all times. All class notes and assignments will be posted using Google Classroom.
When in the classroom, students must comply with the following rules:
- BE ON TIME – When the tardy bell rings, you are to be in your seat and ready for work. Personal items should be put away.
- BE PREPARED – Each day you are expected to have a chromebook, notebook/binder, notebook paper, pencil (with eraser), and any homework that is due. To benefit fully from class discussions, homework needs to be complete and on time.
- FOLLOW DIRECTIONS – Be attentive so you can benefit from class discussions.
- STAY ON TASK – I expect you to be participating in whatever we are doing. During work time, you are to be working on the assignment.
- RESPECT OTHERS – Treat others, as you would want to be treated.
- FOLLOW STUDENT HANDBOOK RULES – All such rules apply in the classroom.
If a student breaks a rule or rules, consequences are as follows:
- VERBAL WARNING.
- DETENTION and/or PARENT NOTIFICATION
- REFERRAL TO THE PRINCIPAL
If a student is a severely disruptive or a repeat offender over a short period of time, he or she will be referred to the principal immediately.
Grading will be weighted as follows:
- Major 60%
- Minor 40%