We love spending time with our children, attending school functions as a family and supporting our local community by being involved as a family. Cari and I enjoy watching the Texas Rangers. We have gone to Spring Training in Surprise, AZ and we try to catch some games in Arlington as well. We enjoy going to see the Rangers in other ballparks. It is our goal to see more ballparks over the course of our life together. We also enjoy to travel Texas and hope to travel more as our girls get old enough to remember our trips.
- Born and raised in Sherman, TX
- Moved to Achille, OK in the fifth grade
- Served as Achille High School FFA President, National Honor Society President, and other organizations
- Worked in restaurant starting my Sophomore year, hauled hay, and light construction in high school.
- Recognized by Oklahoma State Rep. James Dunegan and State Senator Billy Mickle, and serve as a Page for the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
- Graduated in 1993
- Attend Upward Bound Program for 3 years and served as Southeastern Oklahoma State University Upward Bound President (received 15 college credit hours while in program).
- Represented the State of Oklahoma Upward Bound Program in 1993 for one week in Washington D.C. for the Trio Program Week (There was only one representative chosen for each state).
- Member of Blue Key and Dean's List at Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Worked my way through college (had 2 main jobs and took odd jobs when allowed). Graduated with no college debt.
- First Generation College Graduate in 1996 with a Bachelors degree in Elementary Education
- Taught sixth and third grade for Sherman ISD from 1997- 2003, served as Lead Teacher, received Teacher of Year Award, and served on district/campuses improvement committees. Led McKinney Vento After-School Tutorial Program and Summer Technology Camps, grew program to serve three schools for Sherman ISD.
- Assistant Principal for Hart Elementary School in Lovejoy ISD from 2003-2005, received Lifetime Membership in the Texas Parent Teacher Association from the Lovejoy PTA.
- Elementary Principal for Howe Elementary School in Howe ISD from 2005-2010, received Distinguished Administrator Award from SOSU and "Exemplary" Campus Rating
- Middle School Principal for Howe Middle School in Howe ISD from 2010 - 2013.
- Assistant Superintendent for Howe ISD from 2013 - 2015
- Served as District Federal Program Director, Curriculum and Instruction Director, District Testing Coordinator, Homeless and Foster Care Liaison, and numerous other duties.
"Never, Never, Never Give Up!" - Winston Churchill
"Do or Do Not, There is NO Try!" - Yoda
"The difference between a vision and a hallucination is that other people can see the vision!" - M. Andreessen
"There are no shortcuts to success" Rafe Esquith
"Dreams don't work and unless you do!"
"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to THINK!" - Einstein