Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Theology B.S. Elementary Education (History) M.A. TESOL Certifications ESL....EC-12 Spanish...EC-12 Elementary Bilingual...EC-4, 4-8 English Language Arts...7-12 Elementary Self Contained...K-8 Elementary History...K-8
Mr. James Treece
I am soooooooooooooooo emocionado to get the ball rolling, and I hope you are too. Please read the following and let me know if you and I have anything in common.
- Grew up on a ranch near Comanche Ok...population 1,200. SaaaaLUte
- Childhood activities included: reading, playing atari, hunting, fishing, trapping, cowboying, plowing, 4H, FFA, showing pigs and sheep, riding cutting horses, riding three wheeler, and....annoying my sister.
- Joined the Marines before graduation, and served from 1988 to 1992. During that time, I had the priviledge to visit: California, North Carolina, New Mexio, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Hawaii, Wyoming and Guam.....countries include: Mexio, Philipines, Singapore, United Arab Emmirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, coast of Somalia, Kenya, Australia, Thailand, and Hong Kong.
- After leaving Marine Corps in 1992, I studied at Cameron University in Lawton Ok, and then transferred to SAGU in Waxahachie.
- Began teaching in Dallas ISD in 1999.
- Met my wife in San Jose, Costa Rica. Ironically, she was there visiting as well. She is from Bogota, Colombia. We were married there in 2002 and lived in Texas until 2006. By this time we had two new children, Bryan (14) and Joshua (12). We then moved to Colombia, came back the next year, and moved back to Colombia in 2009. Came back again in 2012 and taught elementary until 2015.
- I then started a welding business, and three years later decided to come back to teaching......
- Since January 2018, I have been enjoying my new assignment here at Maypearl H.S. and look forward to staying here for the next 20 years.