School safety is a top priority for Maypearl ISD. We have instituted many programs to ensure the safety of our staff and students.
Below are a few of the safety measures we have taken:
- Maypearl ISD Police - Chief Ronny Potts, Sergeant Zoey Burt, Officer Rick Salas, Officer Michael Hamilton
- Baracuda Bars and/or Safety Latching Chains available for Classroom Doors in the event of an active shooter
- Vestibules at the front entry of each campus
- Classroom Doors closed and locked at all times
- Exterior doors always closed and locked
- Weekly Door Lock Audit
- Surveillance Cameras around the entire district and on school busses
- Metal Detecting wands for students who come late to school at Middle School and High School
- Active Shooter Training yearly for staff, including substitutes, through ALICE/Navigate 360
- Invitation to Highway Patrol to office out of campus during the day
- SMART Tag - student and staff IDs
- Anonymous Tip Line
- Cybersecurity Training yearly for staff through Infosec IQ
If you see any school safety issues that need to be addressed, please enter a tip on the Tip Line or contact a campus or district administrator.