PRE-KINDERGARTEN & KINDERGARTEN ELIGIBILITY
Priority enrollment will be given to a student if he or she is at least four years of age by September 1 and meets at least one of the following criteria:
- be either unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be from a family that is eligible to participate in the National School Lunch program for free or reduced lunches; or
- be homeless; or
- be the child of an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the Armed Forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the child of a member of the United States Armed Forces, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the Armed Forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Family Code §262.201 or has been in foster care in another state or territory, but currently lives in Texas; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If your child qualifies for eligibility in pre-kindergarten, please visit the Maypearl ISD website Parent Portal to enroll: Enrollment of NEW STUDENTS
For more information on these qualifications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for enrollment in a KINDERGARTEN class, a child must be at least five years of age as of September 1.